Frequently Asked Questions
THE HOT MESS ICE ROLLER
- Unlike other ice rollers (made with plastic wrapped around gel or with stainless steel), this roller is made with solid aluminum, which helps keep it icy cold longer.
- The handle is made with silicone for a more comfortable - but sturdy- feel.
- Hot Mess is designed to be 20-30% bigger than any other ice rollers in the market - from the size of the ice roller to the length of the handle.
- Has a fingerprint placement guide, for better grip.
- instantly reduce puffiness and redness (think how an ice-pack can reduce swelling and bruising!)
- boosts circulation, bringing blood to the skin surface - restoring radiance and encouraging optimum cell function
- helps shrink the size of pores, for smoother-looking skin
- helps with lymphatic drainage through the combination of a facial massage and ice therapy
The coldness of THE HOT MESS can vary depending on the environment 🦋 everyone has a personal preference so here’s a quick breakdown:
🧊 FREEZING: add to freezer (gets colder the deeper u put into ur freezer) for those who want to experience a cold similar to the arctic- ICE, ICE BABY (LAURYN LIKES FUCKING FREEZING- freezer is her preference). test on ur wrist before u use.
❄️ CHILLED: fridge for those who want a cooling experience or have sensitive skin type, similar cold to cucumbers on ur eyes during a facial. some of our team likes the fridge but most prefer the freezer).
☁️ SLIGHTLY COLD: on ur vanity, all cute- for those who want to use the HOT MESS almost exclusively for facial massage & lymphatic drainage- TSC roller is naturally is slightly cold to the touch, but will not be abrasive.
sometimes the Hot Mess Roller gets a little squeaky, here’s what to do:
- 1) 🍓 use an oil of your choice (we like the Ice Queen Face Oil, grape seed oil spray, or avocado oil)
- 2) 🧊 add a few drops or sprays of the oil to the hinges of the roller
- 3) 🪄 voilà! no more squeak
- 🤍 Place your clean ice roller in the freezer for at least 15 minutes in order to get the aluminum roller icy cold. Before each use, roll on your wrist around 8 times, to ensure it’s not too cold on your face.
- 🤍 Roll up on your face to help reduce puffiness, helping boost circulation by bringing blood to the skin surface - helping restore radiance.
- 🤍 Roll down your neck to help drain toxins away.
- 🤍 Have minor neck and shoulder pain or tension? Use the ice roller to help alleviate minor discomforts.
- 🤍 To help ensure your Ice Roller is ready for use at any time, keep it in your freezer whenever not in use.
Step one: wet wash cloth 🧼
Step two: add some soap & get sudsy
Step three: using the cloth, gently wash the roller, cleaning all around the hinges & hot pink edge 🛁
Step four: rinse roller under faucet
Step five: lay flat to dry or pat dry with towel 🤍
The tool weighs in at over half a pound (9.9oz to be exact!). When getting professional facial manipulation, you have a pair of strong hands working over your face. The way to emulate that technique at home is with a tool that is large in terms of size and has weight to it, to help dig into muscles and tissue with minimal effort.
Full dimensions: Length: 7 11/16” Width (ice roller only): 3 ½” Weight: 9.9 oz
You can use THE HOT MESS ICE ROLLER anytime, anywhere - morning or night! Morning: great as a morning pick-me-up to get your day started or after applying your Ice Queen Face Oil. Night: use at the end of your nighttime skincare routine to help lock your serums and moisturizers' ingredients into your pores.
THE ICE QUEEN FACE OIL
Morning: ice roll as a morning pick-me-up to get your day started before or after applying your ICE QUEEN FACE OIL.
Night: ice roll after cleansing and apply your ICE QUEEN FACE OIL at the end of your nighttime skincare routine, to help lock your serums and moisturizers’ ingredients into your pores.
Apply three to four drops of the face oil onto your hands. Rub your hands together and press the oil into your skin.
Additional tip: add one drop of the face oil to your foundation for a lighter, dewier look.
- 🤍 Restore skin’s natural moisture barrier
- 🤍 Replenishes hydration, helping prevent moisture loss while protecting skin
- 🤍 Helps reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- 🤍 Pomegranate Seed Oil: rich in Vitamin C and antioxidants.
- 🤍 Raspberry Seed Oil: Rubus Idaeus (Raspberry) Seed Oil - Contains one of the highest antioxidant, and phytosterols contents, of any of the vegetable or fruit oils. Effectively moisturizes and improves skin elasticity, reduces wrinkles, dryness and skin lines. It contains a significant amount of Vitamin A.
- 🤍 Blueberry Seed Oil: Vaccinium Corymbosum (Blueberry) Seed Oil - Very powerful antioxidant. Helps improve the skin’s hydration, elasticity, smoothness and density.
- 🤍 Menthol– Gives soothing and cooling sensation to the skin.
- 🤍 Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Peel Oil
- 🤍 Citrus Aurantium Bergamia Peel Oil
- 🤍 Zingiber Officinale (Ginger) Root Oil
- 🤍 Ferula Galbaniflua (Galbanum) Resin Oil
- 🤍 Cistus Ladaniferus Oil Ocimum Basilicum (Basil) Oil
- 🤍 Salvia Sclarea (Clary) Oil
- 🤍 Artemisia Vulgaris Oi l
- 🤍 Juniperus Communis Fruit Oil
- 🤍 Thuja Occidentalis Leaf Oil
- 🤍 Vetiveria Zizanoides Root Oil
- 🤍 Litsea Cubeba Fruit Oil
- 🤍 Tagetes Minuta Flower Oil
- 🤍 Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil
- 🤍 Thymus Vulgaris (Thyme) Flower/Leaf Oil
- 🤍 Pogostemon Cablin (Patchouli) Oil
- 🤍 Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil
The Ice Queen Oil was formulated with the highest quality ingredients, meeting the strictest standards across the industry for clean beauty. It is formulated without:
- 🤍 Parabens
- 🤍 Phthalates
- 🤍 Formaldehydes
- 🤍 Formaldehyde-releasers
- 🤍 Oxybenzone
- 🤍 Coal tar
- 🤍 Hydroquinone
- 🤍 Triclosan
- 🤍 Vegan
- 🤍 Cruelty-free
- 🤍 Synthetic Fragrance Free
In addition, it is also:
THE HOT SHAVE RAZOR
DO: Cleanse your skin before shaving and dry it completely — this is super important. (You can add some oil or facial shaving cream just as long as your skin is squeaky fucking clean.)
DO: Use the HOT SHAVE RAZOR, which was designed with a straight edge, single-blade razor, specifically for women’s facial shaving. (The best in the game, obviously.)
DON’T: Use a dull blade — because who wants to use a limp-dick razor blade that can irritate your skin? Not us.
DO: Ensure your skin is pulled taut and your razor is angled at 45-degrees, then start shaving downward in short, gentle strokes. Be mindful not to drag it against your skin, and shave with the hair’s grain, rather than against it.
DO: Rinse the razor after each stroke.
DO: Change your blades after 1-2 uses, and always sanitize your blades between the first and second use. We recommend cleaning with rubbing alcohol.
DON’T: Shave near your eyes… because that sounds like a recipe for disaster.
DON’T: Shave over broken skin, an inflamed area, or raised moles. Either shave around those areas or wait until your skin has calmed down.
DO: Rinse your face after shaving and use the HOT MESS ICE ROLLER to tighten and cool the skin. Then finish off with the ICE QUEEN FACE OIL to plump and nourish. Then snap a selfie because my god you will be absolutely GLOWING.
DO: Shave every 1-3 weeks, depending on your hair growth rate and personal preference — and say BUH-BYE to your peach fuzz.
What’s the benefit of shaving my face? Not only does facial shaving remove unwanted peach fuzz and facial hair, but it also helps to remove dead skin cells and exfoliate the skin, which allows for deeper absorption of your skincare products. As a result, you’ll notice improved skin texture and a dewier, more radiant complexion. One of our favorite benefits, though, is that it allows your makeup to go on so much smoother.
- removes dead skin cells and gently exfoliates your skin, giving you a dewy, radiant glow.
- helps your skincare products absorb deeper into the skin, resulting in a healthier, happier complexion.
- improves skin texture and aids in anti-aging.
- helps makeup go on smoother.
THE HOT SHAVE CREAM
The HOT SHAVE cream allows for an improved glide and helps to prevent nicks or cuts. helps achieve a closer shave, giving you radiantly smooth skin. nourishes and moisturizes dry skin with rich emollients like shea butter, aloe, and olive oil. leaves your skin feeling soft and supple, long after rinsing.
- Gives improved glide to prevent nicks and cuts while shaving
- Moisturizes for soft and supple skin even after rinsing
- Allows for a closer shave for smoother skin
- A blend of rich emollients and hydrating humectants help to nourish dry skin
WHO IT’S FOR?
All skin types
WHAT IT IS
A moisturizing shave cream that provides a barrier for your face razor and protects from cuts and nicks while softening the skin.
- Glycerin: a humectant to help increase the skin's ability to retain moisture
- Cetyl Alcohol: an moisturize emollient to promote a smooth shave while conditioning the skin
- Cocoglycerides: softens the skin to give a more supple feel
- Shea Butter: an intensely moisturizing ingredient to soften and smooth the skin
- Cocoa Butter: a rich emollient to deeply nourish the skin and replenish its moisture
- Olive Oil: hydrates dry, flakey skin
- Allantoin: soothes dry skin while helping the skin retain moisture
- Aloe Leaf Juice: helps alleviate dry, itchy skin by giving it a boost of hydration
- Blend of Sunflower Extract, Rosemary Extract, Rice Bran Extract and Vitamin E: this blend of nourishing botanicals provides antioxidant benefits to the skin
AQUA (WATER, EAU), GLYCERIN, CETYL ALCOHOL, COCOGLYCERIDES, GLYCERYL STEARATE SE,
BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII (SHEA) BUTTER, OLEA EUROPAEA (OLIVE) FRUIT OIL, THEOBROMA CACAO
(COCOA) SEED BUTTER, CETEARYL PHOSPHATE, PENTYLENE GLYCOL, DIMETHICONE,
PHENOXYETHANOL, ALLANTOIN, TITANIUM DIOXIDE, CARBOMER, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL,
ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN, HEXYLENE GLYCOL, SODIUM HYDROXIDE, ORYZA SATIVA (RICE) BRAN
EXTRACT, HELIANTHUS ANNUUS (SUNFLOWER) EXTRACT, ALOE BARBADENSIS LEAF JUICE,
ROSMARINUS OFFICINALIS (ROSEMARY) EXTRACT, TOCOPHEROL, SODIUM CARBONATE, SODIUM
CHLORIDE, CI 17200 (RED 33 LAKE), CI 42090 (BLUE 1)
THE SLEEPING BAG
- easy to use drawstring so your HOT MESS ice roller stays put
- keeps your ice roller clean & smelling delicious
- keeps acne-causing bacteria off your HOT MESS
- easy to grab on the go & throw into your purse
- smooth material so your ice roller won’t stick to the bag
- keeps the cold in